Our amazing new site will launch in

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kanye West - Fashion's Most Prolific Name-Dropper

Photo by Getty Images

I was over on one of my favorite sites the other day, and they had this ode to Kanye West as "Fashion's Most Prolific Name-Dropper", and after reading a few of the quotes from some of his songs, I was amazed as to how I could have missed so many of Yeezy's fashion lyrics!!

If you missed them too, here's a list of some of Ye's name dropping lyrics:

STRONGER 
"Let's get lost tonight / You could be my black Kate Moss tonight / Play secretary, I'm the boss tonight / And you don't give a f**k what they all say right? / Awesome, the Christian and Christian Dior / Damn, they don't make 'em like this anymore."

MONSTER This one's courtesy of Nicki Minaj, but we'll count it since it's a Kanye track. "OK first things first I’ll eat your brains / Then I’mma start rocking gold teeth and fangs / Cause that’s what a motherf***ing monster do / Hairdresser from Milan that's the monster do / Monster Giuseppe [Zanotti] heel that’s the monster shoe."

RUNAWAY
"Split and go where? / Back to wearin' knockoffs, huh? / Knock it off, Neiman's, shop it off / Let's talk over mai tais, waitress, top it off / Fools like vultures wanna fly in your Freddy loafers / You can't blame 'em, they ain't never seen Versace sofas / Every bag, every blouse, every bracelet / Comes with a price tag, baby, face it / You should leave if you can't accept the basics / Plenty hoes in a baller-nigga matrix / Invisibly set, the Rolex is faceless / I'm just young, rich, and tasteless."

SO APPALLED
"Praises due to the most high, Allah / Praises due to the most fly, Prada."

BLAME GAME
"This one's another guest spot courtesy Chris Rock's obscenity-filled rant at the beginning of "Blame Game." "Look at you motherf***ing butt ass naked with these motherf***ing Jimmy Choos off / Who taught you how to put some motherf***ing Jimmy Choos on?"

TOUCH THE SKY "
Back when Gucci was the s**t to rock / Back when Slick Rick got the s**t to pop / I'd do anything to say 'I got it' / Damn, them new loafers hurt my pocket." ALL FALLS DOWN
"Man I promise, I'm so self conscious /That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches / Rollies and Pasha's done drove me crazy / I can't even pronounce nothing, pass that Versace!"

HELL OF A LIFE
"What party is we goin' to on Oscar day / Especially if she can't get that dress from Oscar de la Renta/ They wouldn't rent her they couldn't take the shame / Snatched the dress off her back and told her, 'Get away.'"

GOLD DIGGER
"Met her at a beauty salon / With a baby Louis Vuitton / Under her underarm."

THE GLORY 
"Tank on empty whipping my mamma's Volvo / I spent that gas money on clothes with logos / The furrest man that s**t that you don't floss / The Goyard so hard man, I'm Hugo's boss."

CHRISTIAN DIOR DENIM FLOW Pt. 2
"Took my ma to Chanel / Had her LC the stunner / She got haters, some in the fam made us / But they don’t really matter, we escaping with our paper."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion + Opinion = Style

About Me

My Photo
I am an Image Consultant, it's not what I do, but rather who I am. This is a Style Blog.. point. blank. period. Follow me on Twitter.. @STYLEretard
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Blog Lovin'

Jump :: Look of the Week

Popular Posts

Labels

Labels

Link with the Kidz!!

Blogger news

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blogroll

Search

Popular Posts