Our amazing new site will launch in

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July Fashions [Lookbook]


Do you ever have one of those moments? You know, those moments when you stand in front of your closet staring at all of your clothes with a blank expression on your face and one thought repeating over and over again: I. Have. Nothing. To. Wear.

I call this a fashion brain freeze.

It happens to the best of us. And that’s why as often as I can I like to plan my outfits in advance. Granted more often than I’d like to admit I wake up the morning of and its rainy/windy/cloudy/monsooning or doing something that will mess up my outfit plans. But still, I try. 

My inspiration for planning in advance came from Nina Garcia, the fashion guru (and Project Runway judge) herself. Her book, LookBook tells you what you should and shouldn’t wear for pretty much every occasion out there. In the future, when I have the cash to spend and real-life adult events to attend, I will be a slave to the words of Nina Garcia. But right now, my budget is nonexistent a little less extensive and my occasions aren’t quite as glamorous. In light of this, I thought I’d create my own look book of sorts. And I want to share it here with you, telling you what to wear for all sorts of events and occasions.

This week, to start out, I will be covering a holiday wardrobe issue that has been discussed many, many times: The issue of what to wear on the 4th of July. Do you wear red? White? Blue? Do you wear all three? How much is too much? Should you go for the bedazzled stars and stripes necklace? (That’s a firm no in case you couldn’t tell.)

It can get pretty cliche pretty fast. But the trick is to play with the red, white and blue color scheme without looking like an Uncle Sam extra. Below I’ve listed a few tips, along with some outfit inspiration that will work for everything from backyard BBQs to beach days and dinners out.

Do: Embrace the color scheme, play with the classic Americana theme, keep it simple.

Don’t: Go too cutesy, wear anything that might be mistaken for an actual flag, over do it.

Here are some great examples of DO! items to take inspiration from…


article via CollegeCandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion + Opinion = Style

About Me

My Photo
I am an Image Consultant, it's not what I do, but rather who I am. This is a Style Blog.. point. blank. period. Follow me on Twitter.. @STYLEretard
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Blog Lovin'

Jump :: Look of the Week

Popular Posts

Labels

Labels

Link with the Kidz!!

Blogger news

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blogroll

Search

Popular Posts