Our amazing new site will launch in

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pregnant Beyoncé Covers Harper’s Bazaar, Designs Maternity Wear


Despite some wrinkly dress-related conspiracy theories to the contrary, Beyoncé is indeed pregnant. And while perhaps she's saving her obligatory bare-belly fashion cover for a later date (or — imagine! — she just doesn't feel like doing one at all), she has a slightly visible bump on the latest cover of Harper's Bazaar. In the interview, which runs alongside Terry Richardson's photos of her in a black Norma Kamali swimsuit and a short gold Reed Krakoff dress, she says lots of endearing things about her pregnancy and new maternity line, which she's designing with her mom for House of Dereon (and is, of course, meant to be worn with stilettos).
Here are some highlights from the story:


On all the YouTube videos of babies dancing to "Single Ladies":"There's something about that song. Maybe it's the repetition and the simplicity of the video that get the babies' attention. I've heard that babies like black and white images so maybe it's that."


On how she picks her outfits:"I like to show my waistline and legs. I feel women should find their best features and accentuate them but it's interesting to be versatile. I let my mood dictate what I wear before my curves. Sometimes I feel classic, sometimes I feel like a hipster. Sometimes I feel like a seductress and sometimes I feel like a tomboy. It's great to be a woman and have the freedom to express my emotions through fashion."


On revealing her pregnancy at the VMAs:"I put a lot of thought into how I wanted to unveil it. It was important to me that I was able to do it myself ... I didn't want a crazy picture or gossip story to break the news, so I decided to say nothing and proudly show my baby bump. I felt it was more powerful to see the love and enthusiasm as opposed to saying anything."


On her forthcoming maternity line for House of Dereon:"All I see now are clothes that are flattering on a pregnant woman ... It's been so exciting for me! I love figuring out designs that still make me feel edgy and sexy while pregnant. Flowy fabrics are always flattering, but I still rock my stilettos."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion + Opinion = Style

About Me

My Photo
I am an Image Consultant, it's not what I do, but rather who I am. This is a Style Blog.. point. blank. period. Follow me on Twitter.. @STYLEretard
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Blog Lovin'

Jump :: Look of the Week

Popular Posts

Labels

Labels

Link with the Kidz!!

Blogger news

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blogroll

Search

Popular Posts