Our amazing new site will launch in

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Featured Designer :: SNKRhead Clothing!!


Interview:

What was your inspiration to start a clothing line??
I never really had any insparation to starting a line of my own. I’ve been into all works of art since the 3rd grade. When I hit middle school in ’99, I went from drawing pictures and painting to experimenting with clothing. From there I told my self that in the future I would one day create a clothing line and own a sneaker boutique. It’s a real crazy thing on how SNKRhead came about becoming a line. . .


What kind of pieces center around the line??
Since im still in the beginning stages of the business, the line will be centered on t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodys. Along with the clothing, we carry the SNKRhead lego pins as an accessory. I plan on venturing out and bringing in other items such as snapbacks and beanies but you have to go corprate and reach contracts with companies such as New Era and others, which we plan on doing.





Visit them at SNKRheadCo.com or on Facebook!!

Peep the FULL Interview and MORE pictures in our "Feature Designers" tab.. or click HERE!!

COMPLETE INTERVIEW BELOW::


SNKRhead Clothing Company


Interview:

What’s the name of the clothing line??
The name of the clothing line is “SNKRhead” (Sneakerhead). I define sneakerhead as an indivual incapable of showing self-restraint around a pair of sneakers that he or she can not live without, regardless of how many pair they already owned. Also, an individual who possesses a large quantity of quality kicks with great knowledge about the history of sneakers.


If you pay attention to the lower left corner of all of our pieces you will see that same definition. The name was actually taken from my twitter name and the lifestyle that I live. Sneakers are something that I know best and they take up the capacity of my room. Everytime a new shoe comes out in a crazy color I always here people say “I want to get these but it’ll be hard to find something to go with them”. That’s where SNKRhead comes in to play. The main concept of the line is to compliment a pair of exclusive release pair of sneakers such as Nike or Jordan with a special colorway and design or saying that ties in with the lifestyle of the sneakerhead.

Who are the main people in this “Group” or are you Solo??
I started this venture as a sole proprietorship but in order to become successful I felt the need to surround myself with a positive group of people who also strive for the positive which is mostly family and close friends. So far the team SNKRhead roster includes the likes of my cousin Keeb (@FckWhatYouThink) who will branch off another line from SNKRhead called “LoLife” in the near future. I also have my boy Dj D Izzy (@djd_izzy) and my god sister Sidney Smith (@sdotsmitty). I’m spreading it out to where I have a representative that’s close to me that can put together their own team in their area. Keeb’s holding it down in Louisville, KY while DJ D Izzy will be throughout the state of GA doing his DJ thing and walking the Albany State campus along with his SNKRhead x Cport crew Keen, Nigel, Martin and others. Sidney has an entertainment business of her own (eighteen43) but at the same time she helps out a lot from Maryland and North Carolina. We’re still looking to add more people to the team. Promoting plays a large part in this business along with networking.

What was your inspiration to start a clothing line??
I never really had any insparation to starting a line of my own. I’ve been into all works of art since the 3rd grade. When I hit middle school in ’99, I went from drawing pictures and painting to experimenting with clothing. From there I told my self that in the future I would one day create a clothing line and own a sneaker boutique. It’s a real crazy thing on how SNKRhead came about becoming a line. I threw together a sweatshirt by hand with fabric glue and felt for a pair of sneakers, posted it on the social sites and wore it to the mall and received all types of attention and requests. It was something I had just planned on doing for my self and not everybody else but I looked at it like I could turn it into the vision I had when I was younger.

That must have been an interesting feeling??
Yes.. A very interesting feeling. I’ve always heard people say they like my work but I never thought that it would get as much buzz as it does. Now I just plan to take from that and build on it. I just received news the other day from a reliable source (@BlakkBooBe) who hangs with Lamarr Woodley (Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker) and Wiz Kahlifa that Wiz had on one of my SNKRhead shirts that we just put out last month. It’s a funny story on how he got the shirt. My cousin Keeb (@FckWhatYouThink) went to a Wiz concert at Purdue last month and threw the shirt on stage and Wiz caught it. We didn’t expect for him to actually wear it. That’s actually a good look for us.

What kind of pieces center around the line??
Since im still in the beginning stages of the business, the line will be centered on t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodys. Along with the clothing, we carry the SNKRhead lego pins as an accessory. I plan on venturing out and bringing in other items such as snapbacks and beanies but you have to go corprate and reach contracts with companies such as New Era and others, which we plan on doing.

Who do you collaborate with to come up with design ideas??
There's no collaboration when I come up with the designs. I look at other brands to see what hasn’t been done and come up with something that would be appealing to our target. After I come up with the designs and draw them up I send them to my boy Kilo and he’ll photoshop and enhance the design with color or give it something to make it look more computer generated.

Is there a target audience??
Yes. Even though you look at the name and think “SNKRhead is only for sneakerheads”, it’s really not. SNKRhead is appealing to all walks of life because everyone is starting to buy into the notion that you’re not cool unless you have a cool shoe game. If you look up to the likes of Wale, Currensy, Dom Kennedy, Kid Cudi, and Chip the Ripper to name a few; you’ll hear the names of some exclusive kicks that you’ll want to go out and buy. What better way to counter those purchases with a line that provides pieces that have something to do with shoes. SNKRhead is the main line for men and women and I’m about to add “SNKRkids” which will focus on clothes for children, which is something that a lot of lines aren’t doing.

Where do you see this line within the next 3 years??
I see SNKRhead as being more established in three years. We plan on seeing more people in our clothing along with providing more designs and pieces. This is a line that I feel won’t die out. It’s hard for a line about sneakers to die out with the trends because we don’t follow them. The day they take sneakers away is the day you’ll no longer see SNKRhead. We will define longevity.

Do you have a website??
Yes, we finally got the website up and running last month. All information about upcoming events and releases can be veiwed at SNKRheadCo.com. You can also purchase all SNKRhead items on the site as well. If you have any problems with the site, you can reach me on my twitter account @Sced_SNKRhead, on facebook under Sced Moss, or through e-mail at sced.moss@yahoo.com.

Are you planning or in any Fashion Shows?? Or maybe just a showcase??
I don’t have any upcoming fashion shows or appearances in any showcases. I have received some interest from some people about future shows but im awaiting more information on what they have planned. For the remainder of the spring and summer we just plan on putting more pieces out. Since establishing the brand in January of this year (2011) we have been featured in PhreshLyfe’s fashion show which was held in Albany, GA at the Albany Riverquarium and we were also a part of ASU’s AKA entrepreneur showcase which was held on Albany States campus for AKA week. Both of which were successful, not only for my brand but for others as well.

Peep of their brand below or by visiting them at SNKRheadCo.com or on Facebook!!
(Click to ENLARGE picture)




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion + Opinion = Style

About Me

My Photo
I am an Image Consultant, it's not what I do, but rather who I am. This is a Style Blog.. point. blank. period. Follow me on Twitter.. @STYLEretard
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Blog Lovin'

Jump :: Look of the Week

Popular Posts

Labels

Labels

Link with the Kidz!!

Blogger news

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blogroll

Search

Popular Posts